It’s the day after Thanksgiving here in the U.S.A. and I want to share some of the book and writing related thing I’ve thankful for this year.
I am thankful for:
- The AMAZING ladies of TGNA and Bookish Group Press who have encouraged and pushed me and who continue to support and guide me in my writing journey. I am so so so happy to be apart of both of these groups. They are wonderful.
- My non-TGNA/BGP critique partners and betas who care about my stories like I do and who make we not just want but WORK to be a better writer. I wouldn’t be where I am without them.
- Public libraries. My reading habit is expensive but the really great public libraries in both of my towns allow me to read and read and read. I encourage all of you to frequent your library. They need you (and you should definitely want them)!
- Fabulous and diverse YA books being a thing. Being able to recommend SIMON to a student struggling with coming out in my rural town was such a gift. We need these books that reflect our world and expand our hearts. And they exist and are continuing to be published.
- Local bookstores. I can get caught up in the ease and affordability of online book ordering (speaking of which Amazon & Book Depository have some sales going on this weekend) but I love brick and mortar bookstores, especially independent ones. I am glad they are still holding on and I hope they continue for a long time to come.
What bookish things are you thankful for this year?